About Our School
Destinations Career Academy of Wisconsin (Destinations), powered by Stride K12 helps prepare students for a promising future with an innovative online program that combines traditional academics with Stride Career Prep.
- Students can explore exciting career paths in Business, Health and Human Services, IT, and Manufacturing and the Trades.
- Wisconsin-licensed teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Students gain practical knowledge and workplace skills for the future.
- Students prepare to take industry certification exams in their chosen career path.
The Benefits of Destinations
Attending and graduating from Destinations prepares your student for success. With access to college and career training, students are equipped with job-ready skills to put to immediate use after high school. Our students prepare to take industry certification exams upon graduation,* giving them a strong start in either college or career. These certifications open the door for students in high-demand, high-paying, and sometimes high-tech jobs!
In addition, Destination's proven 9–12 academic foundation features:
- An Individualized Learning Plan for each student
- K12's rigorous and engaging online academic curriculum
- A school computer on loan
- World languages
- Student clubs and social events
- Access to extracurricular activities in participating school districts
- Involvement in SkillsUSA
- Opportunities for students to earn college credit prior to graduation
- High school diploma for graduates that meets all state requirements
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.
Destinations teachers are state licensed in their specific subject area. While parents or guardians (acting as their student's Learning Coach) are involved in their child’s learning by offering oversight and guidance, students work with a class of students in conjunction with the teacher. Regular interaction with teachers is conducted through email, telephone, and online meetings.