Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
We offer the following pathways:
- Administrative Support —This pathway prepares students to work in an office setting to create spreadsheets; manage databases; prepare presentations, reports, and documents; and engage with customers and coworkers.
- General Management —This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Business Finance —This pathway prepares students to work in a business setting to manage and implement policy and strategy for an organization's capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- Accounting —This pathway prepares students to work in a business setting with charts, data, and numbers and to manage money and finances.
- Entrepreneurship —This pathway prepares students to work in a business setting to direct advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations policies for businesses and corporations, nonprofits, and other organizations.
- Marketing Communication —This pathway prepares students to work in business settings to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising promotions, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$37,870/year
- Administrative Services Manager—$94,020/year
- Public Relations Manager—$111,280/year
- Promotions Manager—$129,380/year
- Benefits Specialist—$62,680/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$35,330/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications