The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you? Click here to learn more about all of the courses offered in the information technology field that Destinations has to offer.
Which pathways are offered?
Programming and Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
Web and Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
Applications Software Developer
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Systems Software Developer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Internet Core Computing Certification (IC3)
- Work-Based Learning Certifications:
- Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Co-Op Skills Certification—Information Technology
- Youth Apprenticeship Certification—Information Technology