Career And College Prep
The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you? Click here to learn more about all of the courses offered in the information technology field that Destinations has to offer.
Which pathways are offered?
Networking & Computer Services—Students in this pathway learn to make sure data can transfer securely, maintain software and hardware, analyze problems, and develop solutions. The courses in this pathway can put students on track to careers in computer network architecture, computer network engineering, programming, system administration, cybersecurity, and more.
Programming & Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
Web & Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Applications software developer
- Computer programmer
- Computer and information systems manager
- Software quality assurance engineer
- Systems software developer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- CompTia IIT+ Certification
- CompTia A+ Certification
- CompTia Security+ Certification
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Internet Core Computing Certification (IC3)
- Work-Based Learning Certifications:
- Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Co-Op Skills Certification—Information Technology
- Youth Apprenticeship Certification—Information Technology