Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition. Click here to review Destination's Business Management and Administration pathway core courses.
Which pathways are offered?
Administrative Support —This pathway prepares students to facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
Business Information Management —This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
General Management —This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
Administrative Services Manager
Bill and Account Collector
Human Resources Manager
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Burning Glass Labor Insights and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- A*S*K Fundamentals of Business
- A*S*K Concepts of Finance
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts
- Work-Based Learning Certifications:
- Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Skills Certificate
- Wisconsin Co-Op Skills Certification—Business
- Youth Apprenticeship Certification—Marketing
- Youth Apprenticeship Certification—Finance